Guideline for Authors
Instructions for Author
Global Media and Social Sciences Research Journal is a refereed international journal that publishes original papers on communication research, theory, and practice. Interdisciplinary or specialist papers are welcomed. Contributors should be familiar with the nature and scope of the Global Media and Social Science Research Journal. Familiarity with past issues of the journal is essential. Accepted papers will be edited as deemed appropriate. Normally, the Editor sends page proofs back to the authors for checking at the final stage.
Manuscripts and all editorial correspondence should be addressed to:
Global Media and Social Sciences Research Journal
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
There is no standard fixed length for articles, but an 8 – 24 A4 pages, with 12-fonts and 1.5-line space article would suffice. This page limit includes all parts of the paper: title, abstract, body, bibliography, appendices and tables. The more instructions are:
- All contributions are subject to ‘blind’ review, so that, while the title page should contain the contributor’s name, institutional affiliation, contact details including their e-mail IDs of all authors, the contributor should not be able to be identified within the text. The title of the paper should be repeated at the top of the first page of the typescript. Contributors will normally be informed of the decision of the editorial board within 15 days.
- The Abstract should be informative and completely self-explanatory, briefly present the topic, state the scope of the experiments, indicate significant data, and point out major findings and conclusions. Complete sentences, active verbs, and the third person should be used, and the Abstract should be well written in the Present Perfect tense. Standard nomenclature should be used, and abbreviations should be avoided. No literature should be cited.
- All articles must be accompanied by an abstract of 100 to 150 words, approximately five keywords, a brief profile of the author of about 50 words and not exceeding 100 words in case of multiple authors.
- Articles should be submitted with the cover page bearing only the title of the article, author/s’ names, designations, official addresses, phone/fax numbers, and e-mail addresses Author/s’ name should not appear on any other page. In case there are two or more authors, then corresponding author’s name and address details must be clearly specified on the first page itself.
- The Introduction should provide a clear statement of the problem, the relevant literature on the subject, and the proposed approach or solution. It should be understandable to readers from a broad range of scientific disciplines.
- All manuscripts must be submitted electronically (e-mail) in MS Word attachment and must adhere to (i) Times New Roman 12pt. Font, (ii) 1.5 spacing, (iii) justified, (iv) page numbers, (v) no paragraph indention, and (vi) no identifying headers and footers are to be used in papers which are to be blind-referred. Authors are requested to ensure that their paper(s) adhere to correct and consistent documentation (confirming to APA documentation style 6thEdition), punctuation, style, format, and others before submission. To streamline publication, in fact, to guarantee publication of the paper, these are essential.
- Checking the plagiarism report is the journal’s authority. Similarity Score must be 10%, and the single similarity sources must be and less than 3%.
- Successful submissions generally run a maximum of 10000 words (excluding notes) for articles and research papers. The entire manuscript should have one and a half-inch margin on all sides. Tables should be clear and understandable independent of the text.
- Authors are responsible for obtaining permission for including any copyrighted material that needs permission for reproducing previously published materials, charts, photographs, tables and images. Although contributing authors retain copyright, they permit Editor, to reprint their published papers/articles in other electronic and print formats, including books.
- All authors must take public responsibility for the content of their paper. The multidisciplinary nature of much of the research can make this difficult, but the disclosure of individual contributions can resolve this. A careful reading of the journal’s “Author Instructions and Submit Manuscript” is advised. Any conflict of interest must be clearly stated by the author(s). The author(s) must acknowledge the sources of data used in the development of the manuscript and errors discovered in the manuscript after submission must be quickly communicated to the Editor.
- Author(s) should include information about research funding in all papers they prepare for publication.
- Submission implies a commitment to publish in the journal. Authors submitting manuscripts to the Global Media and Social Sciences Research Journal should not simultaneously submit them to another journal for consideration of publication, nor should the manuscript have been published elsewhere including in web form. All manuscripts are subject to the review process by academicians working in the relevant fields. The editorial board of the journal will review invited papers, articles and essays.
Tables and Figures
- Tables must be submitted in Microsoft Word table format, and should be created using Times New Roman text, 10 point size. APA-style provided elsewhere must be preferred.
- Figures must be clearly produced in black and white. All text included in figures should be Times New Roman (10 point minimum).
- Each table and figure should fit on a single Tables and figures may be oriented horizontally (landscape) or vertically (portrait) within the allotted space.
- Each table and figure should be identified with a table or figure number and a descriptive title.
- For data not generated by the author(s), the source of the data should be given (in short form) below the table or figure and listed in full in the references.
Footnotes and References
- Footnote material should be incorporated into the text whenever possible. If footnotes are necessary, the note number should be typed in the text and superscripted. The notes should be collected at the end of the text as endnotes.
- References should be (a) integrated into the text in short form and (b) collected together at the end of the article. APA format needs to be followed
For works with three or more authors, list the first author followed by “et al.” as shown above. For multiple citations, alphabetize citations by first author’s last name.
The author(s) should make sure that there is a strict one-to-one correspondence between the in- text citations (including citations in footnotes, tables, and figures) and the list of references in the References.
- Submission of a paper will be held to imply that it contains original unpublished work and is not being submitted for publication elsewhere
- Submission of a paper also implies that, upon acceptance of an article by the journal, the author(s) will transfer copyright of the article to the publisher. The transfer will ensure the widest possible distribution of material.
Author(s) whose manuscript(s) are accepted for publication in Global Media and Social Sciences Research Journal (GMSSRJ) are required to pay article publication fee. Journal Charge publication fee due to various cost involved, i.e Paper Review Cost, Paper Indexing Cost, Paper Editing & English Proofreading Cost, and Online article maintenance cost. GMSSRJ charge publication fee of USD $ 250.
The Publication Fee Transfer Details can be asked through email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Journal only charge fee for accepted papers after blind review process. Before review reports and acceptance, no payments are acceptable. Kindly note that ability to pay the publication fee does not necessarily guarantee that the paper will be accepted for publication in GMSSRJ because we, at GMSSRJ, believe that quality comes first.
You should contact the editor of the journal when your article is accepted for publication in the journal and in return, he will send you the payment details. Preferred mode of Payment is to pay via Western Union or through bank.
Editor reserves the right to amend, abridge or otherwise alter the contents of the paper to make it suitable for publication. However every endeavor will be made not to affect the spirit or effectiveness of the paper.